Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The taper begins

A quick health update. Got a text message (what service!) from my onc this morning saying that my liver levels have improved enough to start the slow tapering of my steroid medications. Woo hoo! Right now the plan is to taper these and continue to watch my labs improve, then scan again in late September and decide on one more combination dose or straight to the every other week single agent. 

Today I feel that I've begun to find somewhat of a balance with the high dose steroids. I had to restart anti-nausea meds to get through lunch without feeling sick and I'm very bloated. ZzQuil gave me a little extra sleep last night and didn't make me too groggy this morning but it was a little hard to get going and I'm still a pretty tired momma. Sitting at a Starbucks trying to remedy that as I type! Miles better than yesterday, though. 

A strange muscle weakness has started in my knees - I was warned about this with the steroids. Seems strange as steroids are generally associated with strength. 

Just wanted to give you guys an update and check in! It's a lovely sunny day here in Nashville and James is having his first (half) day of Mother's Day Out while I get a couple of things done.

Love to you all,

J.B. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, JB. We do appreciate the updates

    ReplyDelete